Summer Camp: CircleX ... July 8 - 14, 2012
Summer camp is the quintessential scout experience where adventure 'n advancement and comraderie 'n competition come together. Circle X is located in the Forest Lawn Scout Reserve near Cedar Glen (Lake Arrowhead). First year scouts should enroll in the Pathfinder Program where emphasis is on Tenderfoot through First Class advancement. Pathfinder is an introductory level program which also allows scouts to take some merit badges. More info about the program at Circle X.Any questions, please contact the Troop's Camp Coordinator, Mrs Braun.
Costs / Prerequsites
Cost is $405 per scout; $230 per adult leader. This includes gas reimbursement for parents who transport scouts. Please note that ALL payments made are non-refundable once received.
Prequisites. All scouts and adult leaders must:
- be fully registered with the troop
- have a current Annual Health/Medical Form (valid through 07/14/2012) on file with the Troop Registrar.
- have a copy of medical insurance card on file with Troop Registrar.
In addition, all adult leaders must have completed Youth Protection Training with a certificate (valid through 07/14/2012) on file with the Troop Registrar.
What to Bring (Please Check Back for Updates)
All scouts and adult leaders must:
- be fully registered with the troop
- have a current Annual Health/Medical Form (thru 07/14/2012) on file with the Troop Registrar
- turn in a current copy of scout's health insurance card
All adult leaders must also have completed Youth Protection Training within the last two years.
Camp Information Night: June 25, 2012
We will be collecting:
(1) SPENDING MONEY. Spending money should be in a plastic baggie with the scout's name on it. We recommend that the funds be in $5 or $10 bills so it can be gradually handed out during the week. The scout is responsible for all monies once it is turned over to him; he may not return it to the parent in charge. Generally, the scout takes about $70 to camp. The camp has a small store to buy snacks and supplies for the handicraft merit badges.
(2) MEDICATIONS. Please put all medications in a plastic baggie with the scout's name on it; make sure to include clear dosing instructions for all medications. One of the parents attending camp will be responsible for all medications.
(3) FORMS. The following forms must be turned in:
- Circle X Permission Forms to Janet Braun
- Annual Health & Medical Record to Jerry Shiller
- Copy of Medical Insurance Card to Jerry Shiller
> > > IMPORTANT < < < Scouts will not be allowed to go to camp unless they have turned in all of the above forms by June 25th!
Merit Badge Information
Please review the Merit Badge Difficulty and Prequisites and determine if the merit badges you sign up for require you to do any work prior to camp. You will need to demonstrate to the Merit Badge counselor at camp that you have completed them.
If you do not complete them prior to camp, you will receive a partial blue card. You will have to find a Merit Badge counselor in the San Diego-Imperial Council that is willing to sign off on those requirements after you complete them in order to earn the badge.
Travel to and from CircleX (Please Check Back for Updates)
Depart for Circle X: Sunday, July 8 at 9:30AM from Sports Authority
Return from Circle X: Saturday, July 14 at approx. 11:00AM at Sports Authority **
We will need parents to volunteer to drive either on Sunday, 7/8 or on Saturday, 7/14.
Scouts must check in prior to leaving for Circle X. They will not be allowed to go to camp unless all required forms were previously turned in.
** A phone chain of the scout's parents will be setup to notify parents 15 to 30 minutes before the boys arrive back at Sports Authority on Saturday around 11:00AM.