SPL candidates are required to give a speech on election night; this speech must be written and approved of by the scoutmaster prior to election night. This speech should answer these 4 questions:
1. What do you think is important to the troop (treks, advancement, meetings, games)?
2. What do you plan to do as SPL?
3. What experience do you have in the troop (rank, years active, treks, leadership position)?
4. Why are you the best candidate?
Patrol Leader candidates should have similar speeches ready so that your patrol members can make good choices when they vote.The elected patrol leader will select an Assistant Patrol Leader from interested scout(s) in his patrol.
For all other positions, if you are interested you must bring a letter to the new SPL on election night. The letter should state:
1. Who you are
2. The position you want
3. Why you are a good candidate for the position
4. What you will do in that position
5. Signed with your name, phone number, and email address
Scout Guide Topics