Parent Guide: Registration

Boys can join Scouting when they ...

    • are 11 years old

    • are not yet 11 years old, but have earned the Arrow of Light Award in Cub Scouts

    • have finished the fifth grade

Participation in Cub Scouts is not a requirement. Registration requires filling out a Scouting Application (obtained from the Troop Registrar) and paying the annual registration fee. An optional subscription fee for Boys Life magazine is also indicated on the form.

You are asked to provide drivers’ license and vehicle insurance information required by the BSA in the event that you or your spouse volunteer to drive on a trek or other Scouting event. There is also a medical consent form required for every Scout and a Medical form to be filled out by you and your son’s physician. Our troop requires a BSA Class 3 Medical Form, which must be signed by a physician, on an annual basis, because of our High Adventure activities that often take Scouts to places where rapid medical response is not available. Additionally, a Class 3 medical form, signed by your physician, is required for all adults joining the troop on High Adventure treks.

Other Parent Guide Topics

Registration Quick Links

Please return all completed forms to Troop Registrar.

- Annual Registration and Health Release Form

- BSA Youth Membership Form: English, Spanish

- BSA Adult Membership Form: English, Spanish

- Annual BSA Health/Medical Form

- BSA Health/Medical Policy

- Frequently Asked Questions

Please make all checks payable to:

BSA Troop 777

Checks should not be made payable to the trek leader, nor BSA, nor Troop 777.

Check Policy